Causes, Diet: Diet and cancer
In this section learn how diet can contribute and or be linked to the development of prostate cancer.
Educational standards - statements
- Toxic substances, some dietary habits, and some personal behavior may be bad for one's health. Some effects show up right away, others years later. Avoiding toxic substances, such as tobacco, and changing dietary habits increase the chance of living longer.| AAAS#6E/M2
- Many diseases can be prevented, controlled, or cured. Some diseases, such as cancer, result from specific body dysfunctions and cannot be transmitted.| NSES#F 1.2
- [Students] can consider personal and social consequences of individual choices in health (sexual activity, immunization)| AAAS#7D
- Personal choice concerning fitness and health involves multiple factors. Personal goals, peer and social pressures, ethnic and religious beliefs, and understanding of biological consequences can all influence decisions about health practices.| NSES#F 1.3
- Much can be learned about the internal workings of science and the nature of science from study of individual scientists, their daily work, and their efforts to advance scientific knowledge in their area of study.| NSES#G 3.1