Causes, Mold: Incidence
Mold-contaminated crops can be a serious problem especially in countries where proper storage facilities are limited.
Educational standards - statements
- Toxic substances, some dietary habits, and some personal behavior may be bad for one's health. Some effects show up right away, others years later. Avoiding toxic substances, such as tobacco, and changing dietary habits increase the chance of living longer.| AAAS#6E/M2
- Many diseases can be prevented, controlled, or cured. Some diseases, such as cancer, result from specific body dysfunctions and cannot be transmitted.| NSES#F 1.2
- Many diseases are caused by bacteria or viruses.| AAAS#8F/M5
- Tables, graphs, and symbols are alternative ways of representing data and relationships that can be translated from one to another.| AAAS#9B/H4
- Much can be learned about the internal workings of science and the nature of science from study of individual scientists, their daily work, and their efforts to advance scientific knowledge in their area of study.| NSES#G 3.1