Causes, Mold: Prevention
In this section learn about inexpensive and safe substances being investigated that may decrease the risk of liver cancer.
Educational standards - statements
- Toxic substances, some dietary habits, and some personal behavior may be bad for one's health. Some effects show up right away, others years later. Avoiding toxic substances, such as tobacco, and changing dietary habits increase the chance of living longer.| AAAS#6E/M2
- Many diseases can be prevented, controlled, or cured. Some diseases, such as cancer, result from specific body dysfunctions and cannot be transmitted.| NSES#F 1.2
- Some drugs mimic or block the molecules involved in communication between cells and therefore affect operations of the brain and body.| AAAS#6C/H3
- Knowledge of molecular structure and interactions aids in synthesizing new drugs and predicting their effects.| AAAS#8F/H5
- Much can be learned about the internal workings of science and the nature of science from study of individual scientists, their daily work, and their efforts to advance scientific knowledge in their area of study.| NSES#G 3.1